Oxoid is part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Group, and one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of microbiological media and other diagnostic materials. As a leader in microbiology, Oxoid has been supplying clinical, industrial, research and academic laboratories with a wide range of high-quality products for over 50 years.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Dehydrated media and supplements
- Choose the exact formulation, format, and size of medium you need from one of the largest collections of dehydrated culture media in the world.
- Match your requirements for selectivity or enhanced growth with our extensive range of freeze-dried supplements.
Ready to use prepared culture media
- Isolate, identify, differentiate, and perform susceptibility testing on ready-to-use plates.
- With thousands of quality assured formulations and formats available, you are sure to find what you are looking for whether it’s routine, specialty, or a custom blend somewhere in between.
- Be more efficient and increase the productivity in your routine lab while reducing costs.
- Detect, identify, and screen samples for pathogenic and non-pathogenic organisms with speed and accuracy using chromogenic media.
- Colorful, easy-to-read colonies and short incubation times enable timely and important decision-making for both clinical and food testing laboratories
Pharmaceutical-microbiology ready to use plate
Wide range of formulations designed to meet relevant US, EU, and JP pharmacopoeias
- Double or triple wrapped sterile plates.
- Gamma irradiated plates
- With VHP indicator
- Deep filled
- For sterility testing
- Contact plates for cleanroom and environmental monitoring
Hemoculture (Signal blood culture system)
- Unique manuel one-bottle system suitable for use with both adult and pediatric samples, and requires only the most basic laboratory equipment, making it suitable for high or low level usage laboratories.
- Detect the growth of aerobic, anaerobic and micro-aerophilic organisms from blood samples in one unique bottle.
- Easy-to-read-results by detecting gases produced during organism metabolism, which causes an increase in pressure in the sealed bottle, forcing some of the blood/broth solution into the Signal growth indicator chamber device giving a clear, visual positive display
Atmosphere Generation Systems
- Allow all microorganisms to grow.
- Designed to deliver the anaerobic, microaerophilic or CO2
- Wide range of jars and containers as well as simple, clean and easy-to-use AnaeroGen, CampyGen and CO2Gen sachets which create an optimal environment for growth, without the need for the addition of water, catalyst or hydrogen